Friday, May 13, 2011

Granola Pancakes

My son says to me the other day, "Mom, why don't you add some of your homemade granola into your pancakes."

Genius son..... genius.


Granola Pancakes
((Printable Version))

2 cups flour (white or whole wheat)
1 cup granola
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/4 cups buttermilk
2 eggs
3-4 tablespoons melted butter

In a medium sized bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  Stir this with a whisk and then stir in the granola.  In a separate bowl combine the wet ingredients.  (If using all whole wheat flour, reserve one of the egg whites.  Beat the egg white until soft peaks form and fold this in as the last ingredient.  This will help dense whole wheat pancakes to be 'light and fluffy'.)  Stir the wet ingredients into the dry.  If the mixture seems to thick, thin with a little bit more buttermilk.


Pour your pancakes onto a hot, greased griddle.  When bubbles start to form on the top and the sides begin to set, flip the pancake and continue cooking.


We served ours with fresh strawberries, an extra sprinkling of granola, and homemade pancake syrup.






Featured on: TasteSpotting
Linked to:  Alli n' Son's Sweet Tooth Friday, Sweets for a Saturday

11 comments:

  1. fantastic ! great photos and amazingly delicious looking pancakes. Eager to try out this recipe :)

    Linda @ Lemon Drop

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IS genius!!! I've never seen healthy pancakes look so delicious :), Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete
  3. These really sound wonderful. You have a really bright boy on your hands. This is my first visit to your blog and I've spent some time browsing through your earlier posts. I really like the food and recipes you feature here and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. They sound amazing, pancakes with a crunch, heavenly! There's an award for you at my blog if you want to pick it up! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. He IS genius! I'm so doing this the next time I make pancakes.

    Thanks for linking up with Sweet Tooth Friday! I also Stumbled your lovely recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sound absolutlely wonderful and so unique. I love granola but I've never imagined putting it into pancakes. I've bookmarked this one. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look Fantastic! Well done :)

    http://thedutchovendiaries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! I'm game for anything involving granola. Will have to make this for Sunday brunch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Made these for dinner, the whole wheat version... Honestly, this will be my go to recipe from now on.... I loved them as much as the kids (which isn't usually true with plain old pancakes! next step, making my own granola to add. The box worked fine, but the possibilities with homemade recipes are endless!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds great. The only thing I did different, was instead of syrup, I had it with organic greek strawberry yogurt. Yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete