Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Cinnamon Blondies

Moist.
Chewy.
Amazing.
There's really not much else to say.


Cinnamon Blondies
(Source: The Kitchenarian adapted from Williams-Sonoma)
((Printable Version))

Ingredients:
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 stick, unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
1 egg plus 1 egg yolk, brought up to room temperature
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F.

2. Line a square 8X8 or 9x9 inch pan with parchment paper and then grease the pan.

3. In a small bowl, whisk the flour, salt, and cinnamon together- set aside.

4. Melt the butter and brown sugar together.  Cook for 1 minute until it just starts to bubble around the edges- but don't let it come to a boil.  Pour into a large bowl and let it cool for about 10 minutes.

5. Add the vanilla to the butter/sugar mixture and then the egg and egg yolk.  Whisk together.  Add the flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon- just until combined.

6. Pour into your prepared pan.

7. Now here's the trick, instead of baking these for the recommended 25-35 minutes, bake for 20-25 minutes.  (I like them at about 23 minutes.) They will be set on top but still slightly jiggly in the center.

8. Remove them from the oven and allow to cool completely in the pan on a cooling rack.  When cool- allow to firm up in the refrigerator for a few hours before cutting.

These are sugary, gooey, little bites of deliciousness.



Featured on: TasteSpotting.

Linked to:  Goose Berry Patch, Sweets for a Saturday






12 comments:

  1. Wow, these look so good! I'm always looking for new twists on blondies and will have to try these soon.

    Found you through Sweets for a Saturday! Stop by my blog sometime--I'd love to have you as a follower! Also, feel free to check out the giveaway I have going on this week. :)

    morrowsunshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you through Sweets for Saturday. These look like my kind of treat. I can't wait to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so gooey and wonderful!

    I'd like to invite you to link up with Sweet Tooth Friday. I hope to see you there! http://alli-n-son.com/2011/03/31/toffee-snickerdoodle-cookies/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh they look lovely. I made some blondies the other week with peanut butter, but definitely think I would prefer cinnamon. Lovely photography too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those are thick. And dense. And cinnamony. Just what my dreams are made of.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can definitely say that some of the best creations arose from mistakes and this surely is one of them. Apparently, I'm not the only one who thinks so because your blondies made the hit list for last week's Sweets for a Saturday party and will be featured on tomorrow's Sweets post. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made these and they are really good! I underbaked them by WAY too much though- they were raw still, so when I realized it (a few hours later, lol) I just baked them again for a few minutes and they were just fine. Gone in a day with my hungry kids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look wonderful and the ingredients are so simple, too. There's nothing better than a blondie in my opinion. Thank you for linking up to Sweet Indulgences Sunday on A Well-Seasoned Life. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are insanely delicious! I did bake them for the full 35 minutes and I sprinkled chopped walnuts on top. Really chewy and yummy. The only problem is the 9x9 pan....with such a small batch, they disappeared too quickly! lol Next time I make them, I'm going to double the recipe and make in a 9x13. Thanks for the recipe!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chopped walnuts sounds like a delicious addition! I'm going to have to try that.

      Delete
  10. I think I am in lust. You had me at "cinnamon." Good thing it is so darn hot in AZ, otherwise I might be tempted to whip some up and undermine my weight loss. I am in a "no baking" season right now. However, I wonder if I bake it in a round cast iron pot on our gas grill if that would work? I would probably have to cook indirect and increase the time back to 25 minutes? What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds good! Let me know if it works for you.

      Delete