Thursday, January 13, 2011

Cast Iron Chocolate Chip Cookie

Once a month we get together with my sister and brother-in-law for dessert....


and Settlers of Catan....


This month it was my turn to bring dessert.

My brother-in-law made some fabulous raspberry martinis....


And provided some delicious beer....


For those familiar with the game, Boba Fett acted as our "robber".


For dessert I went with a simple cast iron chocolate chip cookie.

Take your cookie dough and press it all around your cast iron skillet.  Bake in a preheated 350 degree F. oven for about 20 minutes.  It should just start to brown and be slightly underdone in the center.  If it doesn't look done, put it in for a few more minutes.  But, if you wait until the center looks done, your cookie will be over done.  Remember, it will continue cooking as it cools.


Top the warm cookie wedge with ice cream and hot fudge sauce.


Yum.

4 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Goodness. Now how in the world am I supposed to choose between making this, and making Country Cooks cookie recipe today? Hmm, maybe BOTH?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I'm back. We made this and WOW, it's just as good as it looks!!!!! A keeper for sure, fast easy and so DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete